Split level house seems to be the most favorite solution for modern home plans which has limited space. Modern homes are the house with newest style, modern is mean that all of the interior are decorated with sophisticated technology and combining by contemporary creative ideas. Today, a modern homes not only should be built in effective and have more spacious, but it should be designed in a good design by still keep in mind to ensure that the house still convenience to live. One of the popular ideas to make your modern homes still convenience but has more spacious is by applying a split level house concept, the split level house plan features three levels of living space on a floor plan that makes economical use of the space on the building lot.
The front door leads to platform between the two levels, with stairs leading up and down to the other levels. The mid-level area of the house plan often contains the living and dining area, the upper level holds the bedrooms, and the lower level typically features a finished family room and garage.
Here is another concept of split level houses:
- The front door opens to a landing. Facing the door, one short flight of stairs leads down. A parallel flight of stairs leads up.
- The front door opens into an entry wing or foyer apart from the main house. To one side, a short flight of stairs leads down. To the other side, a short flight of stairs leads up.
- The front door opens directly into the main living area. Elsewhere in the room, a short flight of stairs leads down and a parallel short flight of stairs leads up.
- The front door opens on the lowest level, entering a garage or mudroom. A short flight of stairs leads up to the main living area. From there, another short flight of stairs leads up to the bedrooms.
And here are several interior and exterior samples of split level house plans:
Split-level design reflects an approach popularized by American architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Wright believed that houses with “half floors” would blend naturally with the landscape. Living areas could be separated from private areas by just a few steps, rather than a single long staircase.
Here is a split-level house design by QB Design in Pennsylvania. this newly constructed house stitches itself into the neighborhood by responding to local cues. Curved brick corners negotiate the irregular street grid, while the cadence of typical row houses and a palette of brick volumes and stone bases are translated into a new vocabulary.
In order to give you more inspirations, here are another pictures of split level house design with various styles:
Pictures of Split-Level House
- Split-Level House Design 2013 in Philippines by FIlbuild
- Modern Interior on Three Levels of Two Courtyards House
- Split level House Plans for Modern Homes by Orak
- Modern Home Design with Fresh Split-Level House Concept
- Modern Home Design with Carved Corners Architecture
- Split Level House Plans for Modern Homes
- Exterior of Modern Home Design with Unusual Architecture