Restaurant design is not always built in a fixed place, such as this mobile restaurant of Mufbox. Its a creative, beautiful and special restaurant design, a recycled of container that modified into a fast food restaurant, named “Muvbox Resto”, as the fast food business lends itself to replication and mass production. It is literally a fast restaurant.
The solar powered shipping container has a floor made of recycled tires. The menu is fast, fresh, and local: lobster rolls, seafood pizza and other local lobster delicacies. Owned by Daniel Noiseux, owner of well-known Montreal Pizzaiolle restaurants, placed his first concept restaurant at the Old Port in Montreal and is serving fresh, local and gourmet food at reasonable prices.
Muvbox or Müvbox is a restaurant design that constructed from a standard 20-foot shipping container and has been retrofitted with a modern kitchen and seating for 28 people. Solar panels on the roof generate 40% of the restaurants energy needs, and most likely the remaining 60% comes from propane to fuel the kitchen appliances. The shipping container is reused and the floor is made from recycled tires. The menu is primarily local, healthy, and fresh, serving local delicacies like, Îles-de-la-Madeleine lobster, Brome Lake duck and Bilboquet ice cream.
Noiseux wants to expand this concept beyond his own restaurant into other local eateries around the world – possibly cupcakes in London, ptarmigan in Reykjavik, sushi in Japan, pizza in New York. But he also thinks that the concept of his restaurant design is applicable for other types of businesses, since the shipping containers are completely customizable. We think it is a stellar idea, beautifully executed and refreshingly mouthwatering. In fact, we think we need a field trip to Montreal to sample the goods.