According to the ancient Chinese it is believed that Feng Shui will help improving life by receiving positive chi using the laws of both Heaven (astronomy) and Earth (geography). Here are some easy tips on how to improve the Feng Shui of your house:
- De-Clutter is the first step to Feng Shui. Make it a priority to reduce unwanted items. Too much is too much. A clean-cut space will help you feel better.
- Avoid bold colors. Rather than using extreme colors – tone it down a notch. Use light pastel colors. For example, installing a red kitchen you are introducing the Fire element, and with this you may create more harm.
- Camouflage sharp angles. Avoid sharp angles pointing towards your bed, your entry door or your desk because it is considered negative energy. Use decorative plants or other items to soften those corners.
- Open your blinds. If you are afraid that neighbors can look in – think twice. Keep your home airy and bright – you will feel much better. Sunlight is considered positive energy.
- Find your supporting directions. Each person has different supporting directions to sleep or work in. To mothers it is a known fact that when they put their baby into the cradle they often find their child laying in a different direction in the morning. Adults lose this ability.